Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
All great stuff guys - thanks for taking the trouble!

Back to my set up.

I did some more listening last night, and before I explain my conclusions, I must mention that I realise that my system is in an environment that is challenging at best.
My original intention was to work on the missus to have the system in the lounge and optimally placed (21' x 12' carpeted), but I rather underestimated my wife's hatred of speakers in particular!

I should have known since even small speakers that had adorned my TV surround system, have been the subject of negative comment for years, but I am forever an optimist! Especially as I have just sold my pride & joy (a 640bhp Ultima GTR) that I spent many years building, which made me cry!

Her-in-doors was happy whilst I was building, but the second it was on the road (and track) she would never get in it, and frankly hated it, so I thought that since I had made the ultimate sacrifice by selling it, there would be some considerable credits in my favour... but no, I underestimated her.
I have no idea whether my darling wife has got this phobia from... maybe one fell on her when she was a child?

Anyhow, so the system has been relegated to the kitchen/ dining room (25' x 14'), with its hard reflective surfaces and tiled floor!!! Not the ideal, but I have to live with it, unless I can find a friendly psychoanalyst or hypnotist!!! Know anyone?

With this rather poor environment, I realise that I have an uphill struggle, and last night I realise that upper mid registers seem recessive compared to high frequency and bass. Does this sound expected?

BTW, I am not giving up on the lounge thing....
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by teddlesdee - 02-Jul-2015, 09:22