Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
Yep CL, I still can't figure either, except to say she likes to remark that every time she goes into the kitchen she catches these 'big black shiny things' lurking in the corner of her eye! Before you ask, I had posed rosewood finish but she just shrugged her shoulders)
I believe that she feels that she has 'given' enough simply by allowing me to have them in the house, but the next step (lounge) is a no-no for now!

I have often tried to have a rational conversation with her pointing out that if you want good & involving sound, then generally you have to have decent speakers (I think these Triangles are rather elegant looking compared to many - but I am just...a man!), but logic does not seem to work with her.... Even sitting (tying? - nah! I wouldn't dare!...would I?) her on/to a chair in the correct listening position and playing her her fav CDs (Oh Gad - Westlife!), only results in "Oh, that's nice - love that song", yet she does not see (or appear to appreciate) any difference between that and playing the same CD on her portable! - Lost cause, methinks!

Is it that some of us (mostly blokes it seems - not that I am sexist!) are born with some sort of extra bump in our brain that gets a buzz-rush out of good sound repro, and with others, that bit of brain is simply missing?

Same happened with the DVD surround - she could not appreciate what all the fuss was about - perfectly happy with the TV's own speakers... Aaaaargh!
Feeling sorry for me yet?

Again thanks guys!
Does it seem reasonable to assume that the crap room dynamics will probably be causing the mid range issue I mentioned?
I am suspecting so, as certain music (I mentioned Vangelis) seems amazing throughout the range, but the composition is very different to other music such as full range orchestral/ pop etc where I detect it being somewhat light in mid range presence.... or maybe I am just getting OLD!
I prefer not to introduce frequency level adjustments via the player, but I guess I might have to have a go tonight to try to 'bring forward' mid range and hear what happens!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by teddlesdee - 02-Jul-2015, 14:00