Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
I set up a nice dolby atmos system in the theatre, with an excellent projector/100 inch screen. you think my parents EVER use the room? they watch all movies in the living room.

I set up vivid audio/devialet hifi in the lounge room and am continually improving it.. you think they ever listen to music on it regardless of how excellent it is?

automation/AV is what my business does.. i can tell you when ive had meetings with owners, the women couldnt give 2 shits about what i do, its only ever the men that want this stuff done. different priorities i guess?

back to your speakers though - attenuation of certain frequencies isnt your big problem!

the major problem is first order reflections in that room. if you cant cover the walls, floor or ceiling you are likely getting first order reflections from 4 points (left/right wall, floor, ceiling) which will affect sound quality.

that could actually be what you are hearing happening. those first order reflections cause a second (and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th) sound wave to hit your ear of the exact same noise but milliseconds one after another because of the different distances away.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by completeluxury - 02-Jul-2015, 14:46