Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
(02-Jul-2015, 14:46)completeluxury Wrote: I set up a nice dolby atmos system in the theatre, with an excellent projector/100 inch screen. you think my parents EVER use the room? they watch all movies in the living room.

I set up vivid audio/devialet hifi in the lounge room and am continually improving it.. you think they ever listen to music on it regardless of how excellent it is?

automation/AV is what my business does.. i can tell you when ive had meetings with owners, the women couldnt give 2 shits about what i do, its only ever the men that want this stuff done. different priorities i guess?

back to your speakers though - attenuation of certain frequencies isnt your big problem!

the major problem is first order reflections in that room. if you cant cover the walls, floor or ceiling you are likely getting first order reflections from 4 points (left/right wall, floor, ceiling) which will affect sound quality.

that could actually be what you are hearing happening. those first order reflections cause a second (and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th) sound wave to hit your ear of the exact same noise but milliseconds one after another because of the different distances away.

Nicely put...

Now I need to translate that into a format that might, just might add some weight to my lamentations with the Missus -

Forever the optimist Rolleyes
Dee
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by teddlesdee - 02-Jul-2015, 15:25