Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
Well after lots and lots of fiddling, I went back to high level output. Then I had a thought: Was my problem ref the lack of sub sound anything to do with the frequency limiter set in the configurator for my speakers?

Sure enough, I found that the low end was limited to around 35 hertz, so moved the limiter to min.

Big difference in sound and low frequency, but I do wonder if this is the way to go, as I presume that the main speakers are now subject to that same (non) limitation? Do you think there are any problems coming my way ref damage?

This rel also needed the gain wound up by quite a margin too - almost 2/3rds+ to be appreciable. Is that expected? I used to have an M&K 350 sub a while back, and the gain only needed a tiny amount to be quite boisterous!

Not sure if the REL is still the right choice.

I saw the SVS PC13 yesterday, a monsterous 4+ft high tube - and wow that could knock your teeth out... Bit over the top maybe?  Cool

Ultimately the idea is to persuade her-in-doors at some point to allow me to move all the hi-fi stuff to compliment a cinema system, so whaever sub I end up with, can fulfill two roles!

...I can dream can't I? Rolleyes
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by teddlesdee - 03-Aug-2015, 15:45