Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantom white vs silver + general impressions
(08-Jul-2015, 07:57)Vince_JP Wrote: Well, as I understand f1eng and Jean-Marie, power consumption isn't a real issue in differenciating white and silver... for most users (see michirishi detailled post). As to SQ below 64, noone seems by now to have a clear opinion. Reading from Devialet about the genesis and development of Phantom, I couldn't really figure out why they decided to bring 2 Phantoms. Was Silver the first  and they wanted to have a "budget" white Phantom (though the price difference isn't really big), or did they have first the white and wanted to bring an "ultimate" for show purpose (in which case any cooling/over-heating issues since they were born in a 'white' body sized for 750W?)? Anyone informations about that?
Surely Devialet has first to sort out/improve their software and organize their distribution policy, but I would love to see in future a "mini phantom" or a "black matt edition" or or or...

Knowing Devialet and how they work, I would be extremely surprised that they would have done the design for 750W and kind of turbo charged to 3kW for the silver. I'm absolutely convinced that they did the design the other way round: Engineering everything for 3kW and they creating a more affordable version by reducing the power, exactly as they did on the expert line: They first created the D premier (equivalent to the 250 now) and they created more 'budget versions' not compromising the SQ but only with less power: the D200 and the D120.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom white vs silver + general impressions - by Jean-Marie - 08-Jul-2015, 08:31