Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantom white vs silver + general impressions
No, haven't tried that type of comparison, and to be honest, the Phantom wasn't bought to replace the Harbeths... I couldn't see myself ever replacing the Harbeths with a Phantom. It's just a versatile second system for me, as I don't plan to buy two. The comparisons were made just out of curiosity. Yes, shame I can't hear two Phantoms, as I agree it's not really a fair comparison.

Yes, I have tried the Phantom in several places and it does has a darker sound at lower volumes, mostly because of the deep bass always being present. To many this will be an advantage. I find with a bit more volume, that sound evens out and it sounds fantastic – so much detail, texture, speed, and with none of the niggles you get with many speakers. I'd say the closest speakers, from memory, I have heard to the Phantom, would be something like the Kef LS50. I say this because I remember them having a large, authoritative sound, stacks of detail and little colouration, but not in your face presence or a 'warts and all' presentation. Just a smooth, heavyweight, well articulated sound overall.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom white vs silver + general impressions - by Novak - 12-Jul-2015, 09:30