Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantom white vs silver + general impressions
Hello again, it has been nearly two weeks with the white Phantom now. Really pleased with how it's sounding, and working.

I don't know if there's any burn in, but things have improved to my ears. It's most likely down to positioning – It's on a sturdy stool around 50cm high which suits my listening position. I'm getting many pleasant surprises as I go through the collection, and it complements my natural sounding (and more 'delicate and refined' sounding) Jadis / Harbeth main system, with the more full range, gutsy sound which you can throw anything at.

I find for lower volumes I like the night feature, which takes some of the bass out and reveals the detail and mid range a little better in my room. When past 40 or 45, it really opens up and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I think (as per other comments) the bass is a bit too much at lower levels otherwise, but the night feature solves it for me.

I agree with other views around giving it some space and a sturdy stand, but I counter some arguments that you need two to get a good sound. Depends on the music, I'm finding some acoustic / folkish music to sound sublime with one channel, almost like the singer is there in the room.

Anyway, really pleased.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom white vs silver + general impressions - by Novak - 22-Jul-2015, 18:03