Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants Phantom launch 15th July
Great, day - really enjoyed it, thanks very much to OAC! I probably didn't listen to Phantoms as much as I should but I liked what I heard. They have this ability to become invisible and not sound like single-point sources. It was quite uncanny. That was a big room too and they did a pretty decent job in it. Compared Aurender X100 vs N100H (I think I've got those model numbers right - I seem to have a blind spot for them) with D200/Atohm GT1 with Nick 'cc1'. X100 was lovely, N100H was I think the same one we auditioned at Nick's the other day and still didn't sound good despite a lot more hours of running. I'm not convinced it's quite right - possibly a magic setting or something?
Briefly heard the Aurender W20 (?) and then the Melco N1Z for quite a bit on the D800/Sasha 2 system upstairs. I liked what I heard of the Aurender (about 5 minutes) but didn't really listen long enough to form an opinion against the N1Z.
Great to meet some of you as well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oxford Audio Consultants Phantom launch 15th July - by Rufus McDufus - 16-Jul-2015, 08:23