Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants Phantom launch 15th July
It was a great day at OAC and as usual Jon paid me back for the free food and drink with grief and insults Big Grin  its a good job that Alisdair is there as well or I could not stand it anymore (well not till next time anyway)

Great to meet Gordy, Guillame and Confused and listen to some good music. Have to say that when we moved the Phantoms into the small room (both white and silver) the difference was not subtle. When SWMBO opens the purse strings again I will be after at least 1 silver to take to Spain for the winter.

Had a great chat with Guillame and Confused. Guillame and I played with switching SAM on and off with the expert system in the small room before the Phantoms were moved and kind of came to the conclusion that with the Wilsons and D800 it was not needed really and sounded better without!!!

Having got back and checked my system found I was still on V8.1.0 software and using SAM at 100%. Have just upgraded to V8.1.2 and set up the system with no SAM and have to say the Magico's probably do not need any help in the bass and I think it sounds better vanilla.

Perhaps we should arrange some sessions at each others houses and have a listen to other set ups sometimes, if I catch the boss in a good mood she will knock up a nice lunch as well !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oxford Audio Consultants Phantom launch 15th July - by NickB - 17-Jul-2015, 11:18