Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom reviwed in August Hi-Fi Choice
(12-Jul-2015, 14:34)MountainGuy Wrote:
(12-Jul-2015, 10:10)Confused Wrote: I often find that after reading extensively about a product in hi fi magazines and myself forming a particular view on a product, when I finally get to hear for myself I wonder what on earth the reviewers were listening to, my ears telling me something very different to the viewers words.  I'll reserve judgment on the Phantom until I have had a chance for a decent listen myself, which will be next Wednesday as it happens at OAC's dealer launch.  I know that a number of people planning to visit this event do have what could be broadly termed "$50,000 systems" (and at least one individual, considerably more than that!)  Should be interesting!

Thanks.  I would love to hear your thoughts after your audition.  Of all user reviews, none have taken issue with the clean, tight bass.  It's the mids that some feel falls short. Love to hear yours. 

By the way, how did it compare with the Naim and Dynaudio actives in the HifiChoice review?

Thanks,
UL

PMFJI I have had silver Phantoms for 4 months now and have experience of the Naim Muso which I quite like. If I score my main system as 10 the Phantoms are a good 9 and the Naim Muso around 3.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom reviwed in August Hi-Fi Choice - by f1eng - 12-Jul-2015, 18:46