Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
Some are and some aren't affected by the hissing noise while playing at low levels. It would be interesting to see how many are and are not affected by the hissing problem. So please reply to this thread if you are affected or not. 
Edit: If you are using the Dialog please mention it, and if you have a Silver or White Phantom
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
No problem here.
I have the hissing problem. Phantom Silver x 2 with Dialog
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Affected yes. I can hear the hissing with ears close to the speakers (20 cm) and when listening to classical music at very low volume late when there is no ambient noise. Does it disturb enjoying high quality sound reproduction? In most situations no. Should Devialet fix it? If possible yes, but not at cost of sound quality.
I'm sure I'm stating the obvious, but, to everyone who's noticed it, even if you are affected but not bothered by it, I think you should let Devialet know. The more people actually report it (in detail),  the greater the chance Devialet will see it as a common issue.

Oh, and potential future purchasers will really appreciate if you all share the responses you get from Devialet about it.
Two phantoms plus dialog. No hissing.
2 white phantoms + dialog. no hissing
Interesting that 3 people say no hissing but only 1 voted no hissing. I shall be hearing them at Oxford Audio this week and will listen for the fabled hiss.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
White Phantom + Dialog. No hiss.
Note: I use only Airport Express on optical input. Never use Spark
Two white Phantoms and dialog. Not affected by any hiss.