Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote : add screen and remove proprietary tech
(15-Jul-2014, 10:51)Georgethesixth Wrote: The remote control from Devialet is a piece of art. It has one major drawback : it uses apparantly a proprietary wireless technology (according to Thierry).

We use a technical room to store the A/V equipment to solve some problems with background noise. Unfortunately the wireless signal between remote and Devialet cannot be established.

Devialet is kind enough to provide an RS-232 interface to custom installers. Since he 7.x and iOS client update, we can send a wake up signal to the Devialet which solved the functionality problem we had.

It is still a pity we cannot use the remote however. A remote with a build in screen (in the middle of the ring) and a signal that can be transported over an 'open' technology like zigby, enocean etc, would be nice.

Back at the beginning, way before there was a phone app I discussed the idea of a remote with screen in it with Devialet. The problem would be battery life, apparently, and would require a very major redesign. The phone app does look good but I much prefer the actual rotary control on the remote.
Sadly it is not very convenient to mount my amps vertically due to windows and radiators being where they would ideally be. I want to see the screen.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remote : add screen and remove proprietary tech - by f1eng - 15-Jul-2014, 14:38