Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ?
f1eng : I don't want only stream from a computer
I want to listen the music from my SACD and my Oppo 105 in Devialet using digital input because I beleave that I can get a better sound ; note the analog music has to pass thru a ADC then to DAC

But first problem Devialet don't process DSD-SACD audio
Even if some day Devialet become compatible with DSD
My Oppo don't send DSD data thru Coaxial/Optical Output
And I have some BlueRay with music in 192/24 PCM , Oppo Always dowsample 192/24 PCM to 44.1/16 PCM
But if I have music in 192/24 why I have to listen it in 44.1/16

second Problem : Devialet don't have HDMI input , only D-Premier has
And Oppo only send DSD and 192/24 PCM thru HDMI output ; because HDMI has copy-protection HDCP
But Coaxial/Optical Output don't have copy-protection , that is why Oppo put a "copy-protection" on this output , Oppo dowsample 192/24 music to 44.1/16 and don't send DSD thru Coaxial/Optical Output

Now I have to RIP from my SACD and DVD-A to put in my PC and listen de audio streaming from RJ45 ou WiFi

Or I have just to find a dedicated Transport that can send music in SACD or DVD-A without any loss in audio qualit to my Devialet using the digital conection my Devialet has , Toslink , SPDIF or AES/EBU (find a transport that don't have "copy protection" in this conection)

Or ask to Devialet to put a HDMI input

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ? - by rtt1 - 17-Jul-2014, 13:47