Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ?
(17-Jul-2014, 13:47)rtt1 Wrote: f1eng : I don't want only stream from a computer
I want to listen the music from my SACD and my Oppo 105 in Devialet using digital input because I beleave that I can get a better sound ; note the analog music has to pass thru a ADC then to DAC

But first problem Devialet don't process DSD-SACD audio
Even if some day Devialet become compatible with DSD
My Oppo don't send DSD data thru Coaxial/Optical Output
And I have some BlueRay with music in 192/24 PCM , Oppo Always dowsample 192/24 PCM to 44.1/16 PCM
But if I have music in 192/24 why I have to listen it in 44.1/16

second Problem : Devialet don't have HDMI input , only D-Premier has
And Oppo only send DSD and 192/24 PCM thru HDMI output ; because HDMI has copy-protection HDCP
But Coaxial/Optical Output don't have copy-protection , that is why Oppo put a "copy-protection" on this output , Oppo dowsample 192/24 music to 44.1/16 and don't send DSD thru Coaxial/Optical Output

Now I have to RIP from my SACD and DVD-A to put in my PC and listen de audio streaming from RJ45 ou WiFi

Or I have just to find a dedicated Transport that can send music in SACD or DVD-A without any loss in audio qualit to my Devialet using the digital conection my Devialet has , Toslink , SPDIF or AES/EBU (find a transport that don't have "copy protection" in this conection)

Or ask to Devialet to put a HDMI input

I know that the sound has to go through the ADC/DAC in the Devialet.
I bought my first Devialet over 3 years ago. In my evaluations the ADC/DAC is 100% transparent, so you could probably put it through 50 times with no audible loss of quality (I haven't tried this with the Devialet but did years ago with a digital recorder to compare with my reel-to-reel tape recorder).

So as long as the analogue output of your Oppo is good the Devialet will lose absolutely none of the SQ using the analogue input, in my extensive experience of the Devialet.

If you believe there is something inherently better about DSD (which I do not), rather than the released recordings simply being better mixes then I agree , you have had it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ? - by f1eng - 17-Jul-2014, 17:52