Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the trigger input in home theatre setups
(26-Jul-2015, 11:36)brit Wrote:
(26-Jul-2015, 11:23)Jgw911 Wrote: Ok, got off my backside to check the back of the Yamaha (was previously reading the manual because checking the back of the Yamaha means pulling it out of the rack). Was actually a 3.5 mm socket as well not an RCA after all (the manual really wasn't clear on that). Went for a rummage in my cables box and found a stereo 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm. Then used the Configurator to switch on the trigger input on the Dev. Connected everything up and.....

It works!!!! The Dev comes on when the AVR is switched on AND the Dev switches off when the AVR is switched off - result!!

I've configured the Dev to set to AV bypass as the default startup option so that's job done I think. The one weakness of not having an IR remote sensor is a weakness no more.

That's a good Sunday's work methinks. Time for a cuppa and a few biccies (and maybe a movie).

Great job - sometimes all it takes is that simple operation of removing a..e from chair Big Grin 

Enjoy the tea and "biccies", you have deserved them Smile.

David

Hi,

I'm very keen to get myself a D200 but like you will need it to integrate into a home cinema set up so having seen your post and knowing now that it works I wondered how it sounded?

As is so often referenced "the all important front soundstage", how was it mixing two types of amplification across the 3 speakers as I presume the AV amp was taking care of the centre speaker and surrounds?

Thanks,

Slimmo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the trigger input in home theatre setups - by Slimmo - 28-Jul-2015, 17:12