Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
(28-Jul-2015, 22:18)Manoet Wrote: The only reason I see this thread never being able to achieve a similar post-count to its evil twin doppelgänger counter-post is easy. The initial post only requires people react. This one requires them to 'think' before reacting! That in and of itself is a thread-killer!

For me I'm here but for one reason... size and component-count or lack thereof. The ability to clear a rack full of equipment is good... to mount on the wall even better. I'm not even crazy about the pizza box geometry. I'd do just as well if they took that .2 cu ft mass and turned it into a 7" square Borg Attack Cube and used exo-skeletal electronics. SQ is important to me but Devialet certainly has no monopoly on that at current pricing. My current 2nd system consisting of W4S MPRE w/dual MAMP mono blocks and a PSA DirectStream DAC with FW Yale beta installed sounds just as good but again its a 'pile' of equipment even if small by traditional standards. And that DAC also enjoys FW upgrades via the same lo-mem SDC's. They offer fewer releases than Devialet (who doesn't!?!) and admittedly sometimes, not without controversy. But man, oh man when they get one right its incredible... jumps out ahead and its obvious by the feedback. We haven't seen or enjoyed that kind of "right" yet! And PSA's maybe 10% the size of Devialet with an engineer or two and a couple of well-respected industry consultants that are happy to lend an ear. Devialet could learn something from them. Sometimes there's just too many chefs stirring the sous!

But I'm venturing wide of this thread's intent, taking liberties and I apologize. I struggle writing a glowing impression so I'll leave it at this; for now its the size... and all-in-one integration! The less than 2" path from DAC to binding posts is wonderful. The remote gets honorable mention as the best I've ever seen! But it ends there for me... everything else is available elsewhere, just as good SQ-wise IMHO and at my power needs target of 200wpc and for less money.

Your post belongs in the other thread.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Messages In This Thread
RE: What delights me about my Devialet - by NickB - 28-Jul-2015, 22:42