Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
I was very happy with my 170. SQ was fantastic and that was all I cared about. Then came the extra 30 Watts, which was the upgrade I didn't know I needed for my Dynaudio C1's. Then came SAM, which gave me almost the bass I always wanted and now I've got SAM 2, which gives me the bass I've always wanted.

I love how I can sometimes use my iPhone to play a few tunes when I don't have time to sit down and listen and how I can use it as a remote when I'm in another room.

Since a few weeks I've signed up to Netflix and I love how our dog sometimes stares at the speakers trying to work out the dialog of movies. The other day he sat on my lap and he was mesmerised by something he heard, just staring to the centre of the speakers for minutes; something he never did with my old system.

Although I like the looks, I'm not a fan of showing off. I think I would have been happier if it looked a bit more understated. Whenever I have a new friend listening I always find myself telling them not to be influenced by the looks. "It might look like a lifestyle product but just have a listen and you will find it's not"

I also love this forum (even though it's unofficial, to me it's part of the Devialet experience) Just before the start of 2015 my wife had a lung transplant. Normally not the easiest operation to go through, my wife's was a total nightmare. For the first two weeks I lived at the hospital and it took 5 months before she was able to leave. In those early very dark days, I read this forum almost daily. It was my little bit of 'sane' in an otherwise insane existence. A daily escape from reality. So thank you all for keeping me sane when I needed it most.  Shy
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What delights me about my Devialet - by Pim - 30-Jul-2015, 13:50