Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
(31-Jul-2015, 05:39)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Thanks to you all. She's doing really well and she is also enjoying the Devialet. We're both into music so it's a great thing to share.

Pim - I would like to join all the others on this thread in offering my very best wishes.  I'm sure everyone one who has read your earlier post has had you in their thoughts, even if they didn't actually post anything in reply, these things are difficult and awkward, sometimes it is impossible to find the right words.  Probably one of the biggest forum +1's of all time.

It is very difficult to imagine what you have both gone through over the last few months, but great news that Mrs Pim is back home and you now look forward to life starting to get a little bit back to normality.

In a way, I was a little surprised that you shared the news here.  I know what it can be like sometimes, when every conversation you ever have with friends, colleagues, the chap in the shop or whoever, just becomes an update on medical progress and endless repeating small talk along the lines of "she's strong, I know she'll be fine", even conversations on different subjects are tempered by a hidden veil, you can tell people are watching what they are saying, sometime this can drive you utterly crazy, and you just want a little bit of normal dull life to get you sanity back.  I can imagine that this forum would indeed provide a little oasis of sanity through difficult times.

Despite the magnitude of your news, I have to be honest and say that I did have a little chuckle when you described this forum as " my little bit of 'sane' in an otherwise insane existence".  I'm sure for most of us on here, the exact opposite is true!

Reading back through the other posts on this thread, it is the simplicity of F1eng's description that caught my attention.  "Transparent"  One simple word that I'm sure explains a lot as to why many of us have ended up going the Devialet route.

However, reading Pim explain how music beautifully reproduced is helping through this very difficult phase of life, now that is a powerful thought.  All the best to you both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What delights me about my Devialet - by Confused - 31-Jul-2015, 08:01