Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spark issue
Hi all, I'm Andreas and new to the forum but also new to my phantoms and spark...

finally I got the phantoms up and running but now the Spark app died on me. I can't ad any songs to the que and it happened at the same time to all the different sources I play from. 

The window inside spark where you see what is being played now has a "song" called UNIVERSE, The Real Sound of Silence.

Any ideas

Andreas
Do you have problems with both Tidal etc and streaming from local sources? Try to reinstall Spark and go through the setup procedure again, it might help.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
dialog router drops phantoms all the time and crashes on both deezer/tidal as well as local files. Tonight I had to reinstall the speakers in spark 15 times before the 3 of them finally started to play together. The connection between dialog and phantoms seems very fragile and not a strong signal. Randomly speakers disappears in spark and I have to reinstall... 

anyone with good ideas how to get it less fragile? My dialog is connected to my normal router where I get internet and TV, 100mbit.

Andreas
Are the Phantoms all plugged into the same mains electric ring?

It has been reported by quite a few owners that they need to be. Devialet say the same.

They communicate through the mains, possibly for synchronisation purposes; I don't know.

Good luck!
You maybe want to find out first if you have Dialog or Phantom issues.

Just unlugg Dialog and try to connect to the Phantoms directly one after the other. If there aren't any issues it means that Phantoms are working fine.

The next step then could be to plug Dialog and the Phantoms into the same multiplyer plug to see if the issues are gone then. If they still persist your Dialogue is defective.
(13-Aug-2015, 00:40)Gremlin Wrote: Are the Phantoms all plugged into the same mains electric ring?

It has been reported by quite a few owners that they need to be. Devialet say the same.

They communicate through the mains, possibly for synchronisation purposes; I don't know.

Good luck!

My experience is that this is vital with the proviso that they are also not plugged into a filtered outlet.
I had exactly the same experience when my Dialog and one Phantom were plugged into an outlet which was filtered and the other wasn't. Plugging into an unfiltered mains outlet resolved all the problems.
The alternative is to connect all 3 to the network with ethernet cables, which is messy.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

thanks for tips guys! I discovered it was the dialog that was bad. I had it switched out and now it works perfect.
Is there a way to assign a speaker to a new "room" and have volume control over that particular speaker? I have 2 in the livingroon and 1 in the kitchen, it's actually one big room but I'd like to control the volume separately on the single unit.

Best
Andreas
by the way, how do I know if I'm on a filtered or not and same electrical ring?

Andreas
(13-Aug-2015, 22:01)andreas Wrote: thanks for tips guys! I discovered it was the dialog that was bad. I had it switched out and now it works perfect.
Is there a way to assign a speaker to a new "room" and have volume control over that particular speaker? I have 2 in the living room and 1 in the kitchen, it's actually one big room but I'd like to control the volume separately on the single unit.

Best
Andreas

Restart the setup until you are at the screen where you get to drag the speakers into the respective channels. Once you assigned the living room, change to the kitchen and drag the remaining speaker for that room. When you drag the speaker, it will make a cymbal sound indicating the left or right channel.

To adjust individual room volume, at the right section, you can select the room and move the volume slider as seen below.

[Image: 12.png]
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(14-Aug-2015, 01:27)trashken Wrote:
(13-Aug-2015, 22:01)andreas Wrote: thanks for tips guys! I discovered it was the dialog that was bad. I had it switched out and now it works perfect.
Is there a way to assign a speaker to a new "room" and have volume control over that particular speaker? I have 2 in the living room and 1 in the kitchen, it's actually one big room but I'd like to control the volume separately on the single unit.

Best
Andreas

Restart the setup until you are at the screen where you get to drag the speakers into the respective channels. Once you assigned the living room, change to the kitchen and drag the remaining speaker for that room. When you drag the speaker, it will make a cymbal sound indicating the left or right channel.

To adjust individual room volume, at the right section, you can select the room and move the volume slider as seen below.

[Image: 12.png]

thanks, I know this can be done in the setup, just hoped it could be done inside spark, this should be a feature... Felt I didn't want to screw it up when system finally is up and running...

It's weird that you have to give a speaker a different room in initial setup to be able to volume control that particular one... no?

Andreas