Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tellurium Q Ultra Black
(14-Aug-2015, 18:57)AllenB Wrote: Looking to change up from Naim Naca 5, the little I have read about TQ Ultra Black and it seems that it's a hard one to beat. A little pricey, but there are quite a few cables (Chord Sarum, Naim Super Lamina) that are dearer. I would be interested in anyone's experience with Chord Sarum or Signature speaker cables also.

Any thoughts or recommendations particularly, of course, in respect of performance with Devialet Expert.

Hi,

Had the Chord Signature in my system (Devialet) and compared to my previous diy AWG 10 solid core copper single wire  cable for 5 GBP per meter. My diy beat it in all areas albeit difference not huge. Even my dealer had to agree that this was the case. Even the 5500 GBP Anzus Ceramic in my system didn't do anything else than change the tone somewhat. 
What I try to say is that perhaps 'loads' of money will not be a cure and definitely audition before as Rufus suggests.
Now I run another cable, a diy copper foil (Mundorf manufacture) according to the late Allen Wright ideas. It was a small step up from my previous one in some important areas. As discussed before it seems like the Devialets are less sensitive to speaker cables.
I acknowledge that not everyone may have the time or skills to try diy.

Let your ears be the only decider and not package or snake oil arguments/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by AllenB - 14-Aug-2015, 18:57
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Rufus McDufus - 14-Aug-2015, 19:18
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by AllenB - 14-Aug-2015, 19:22
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Mikeeo - 15-Aug-2015, 09:20
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by lanfranc - 15-Aug-2015, 18:19
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by GuillaumeB - 17-Aug-2015, 11:58
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Rufus McDufus - 17-Aug-2015, 12:19
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Pim - 18-Aug-2015, 08:22