Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tellurium Q Ultra Black
Hello AllenB  
I 'm trying different SC's now, having become disappointed with Chord Sarum TA's with my Dev 250.
The best results i've had are from TelluriumQ black diamonds, followed by the less costly Albedo Solids, [a silver cable range from Poland, where the maker actually smelts the silver himself!!]
The Nordost Frey2 came next, [the distributor loaned me these via futureshop]. But Heimdall2 was wide of the mark.
The Audience Au24se were also ok.
All cables above excepting the silver ones failed to convey jazz percussion convincingly, least of all the wooly-sounding Sarums. It probably all boils down to system synergy - the fact I use Tellurium cables throughout must help their own SC's. And the MBL 126 speakers are so different to cone and electrostatic types I suspect their impedance curve might also be unusual.
15 years ago I ran an Audio Synthesis Dax Decade/AS Amp into Usher Dancers. Magic high resolution treble there - one wonders if there is any progress at all except for minitiarisation.
The TelluriumQ's had an overall quality of rightness, timbral naturalness whatever you like to call it, that trumped the Albedos greater transparency and focus on individual sounds.

Messages In This Thread
Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by AllenB - 14-Aug-2015, 18:57
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Rufus McDufus - 14-Aug-2015, 19:18
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by AllenB - 14-Aug-2015, 19:22
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Mikeeo - 15-Aug-2015, 09:20
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by lanfranc - 15-Aug-2015, 18:19
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by GuillaumeB - 17-Aug-2015, 11:58
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Rufus McDufus - 17-Aug-2015, 12:19
RE: Tellurium Q Ultra Black - by Pim - 18-Aug-2015, 08:22