Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
I have been running with DPM on. Last weekend, I did notice one or two tracks that sounded just fractionally harsh in the treble and started the old "was 7.1.3 better routine". I have now turned DPM off and so far I think it is better. Oddly enough, it's not better where you might think, that is bass and dynamics etc. It just sounds smoother, with a drop in HF harshness with some material.

I am forming a theory here. I recall reading a review of the KEF Blades a while back, the reviewer noticed some minor HF issues, switching to a more powerful amp apparently resolved this.

When we think of power, it is easy to relate this to the LF end of things, but tweeters can be very problematic load wise. (I used to know someone with a fully active tri-amped PMC set up, and it was the HF amp that used to trip occasionally, not the amp dealing with 10" bass drivers)

Rufus' comments above are interesting "(DPM) seems to sample the music currently playing to determine how to shape the power capability - not just overall (I think) but transient power requirements." Yes, cleaver stuff, but is it smart enough to know that your particular tweeter might present a very demanding load now and again?

Messages In This Thread
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by miro - 20-Aug-2015, 00:55
RE: To DPM or not? That is the question. - by Confused - 22-Aug-2015, 12:20
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by no32 - 16-Nov-2017, 22:27