Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
Yesterday night we have re-adjusted some gear in our reference setup. Even though we applied several tweaks which normaly help to increase the SQ last night we were not happy with the result....

We checked every detail twice but the sound was still too cold and harsh. Finally I had the idea to check the D400 concerning DPM. In fact DPM was switched ON (maybe due to the recent firmware update 9.0.1). Immediately I switched DPM to OFF the SQ increased massively!!!!

So guys do yourself a favour and check this setting. From our point of view this option was sent directly from MP3-HELL ;-)

Besides, last night we experienced some more interesting differences in SQ of digital audio once again. For ages we have been using nicely tuned PCs for ripping of our CDs with dbpoweramp. For christmas I got myself a HFX RIPNAS Solid which uses just the very same software but installed on a Win 2011 HomeServer OS. So last night we compared our files (WAV only) with the WAV files created by the ripnas. To our surprice the files from the RIPNAS sounded much clearer than the same files ripped from the same CD at the same time in the same room with our old PCs........

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

Messages In This Thread
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by miro - 20-Aug-2015, 00:55
RE: To DPM or not? That is the question. - by Gentleman - 18-Jan-2016, 18:53
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by no32 - 16-Nov-2017, 22:27