Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
(19-Jan-2016, 10:46)Gentleman Wrote: Hi Allen.

We do not use any of the power safe options on our D's. We switch them on very often in the early morning before we go to work to have them nicely settled for a long listening audition in the night. That means we keep them running for up to 18 hours a day without any issues. But normally we switch them off with the remote (into standby) if we do not need them. So we have no real experience with 24/7....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

Thanks Jan

I guess the issue really is with HQP losing the USB connection, and keeping the Dev alive is maybe the hammer to crack a nut approach, I would much prefer it resolved from the HQP end. The Dev is warm, well very warm, but not hot whilst it stays on 24/7, but I have not seen any evidence to say this might be harmful to the unit. When I owned Naim, it was on 24/7 apart from holidays. I could switch to stand-by overnight, but that would mean a re-connection to HQP every day.

Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)

Messages In This Thread
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by miro - 20-Aug-2015, 00:55
RE: To DPM or not? That is the question. - by AllenB - 19-Jan-2016, 14:52
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by no32 - 16-Nov-2017, 22:27