Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
I have the ELAC BS314 speakers currently running with my D400 and if I don't turn off the DPM I sometimes get distortion through the AMT tweeters. And in my setup turning the DPM off certainly improved the sound. Although the temperature does tend to get up to 50c. But I have noticed that as the temperature gets to that range the amplifiers sound stabilises and becomes much more detailed without any hint of harshness. I have just had the D400 for about 2 weeks so I think it might be going through the break-in process. On my other setup I have a single D200 running Sonus Faber Olympica 1 and that always has the DPM on as it has a regular silk dome tweeter.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).

Messages In This Thread
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by miro - 20-Aug-2015, 00:55
RE: To DPM or not? That is the question. - by helloworld1978 - 18-Jun-2016, 20:56
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by no32 - 16-Nov-2017, 22:27