Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
(16-Nov-2017, 18:41)Dan Wrote: I recently updated to firmware 10.1 and turned off the Dynamic Power Management in the configurator. I thought it sounded better, but as I turned up the volume the sound started to cut out of the speakers and the red lights started flashing on the 1000. The temperatures started climbing dramatically - the A Amp hit 80c.

I went back to the configurator and turned the DPM back on and so far the temps have been normal(40c+-). I have asked support about this, but was curious if anyone has been still turning the DPM off for better sound quality?

Obviously things could change with the upcoming new Core Board and Firmware.

80c?  Wow.  A forum record I think.

That looks way too high, DPM or not.  I have tried DPM off on my 1000Pro, and did not get anywhere near those temperatures.

This does beg some questions:

How loud are you playing exactly? Shy

Are you using anything like room correction or DSD upsampling, so in other words running anything that requires software 'headroom' allowance / correction.  It could be that you have allowed too much headroom correction, so your amp is effectively working much harder than it should versus the actual volume level.  So for normal listening levels, what -dB setting is the Devialet's volume typically set at?

Are your speakers particularly demanding?  Low efficiency, big dips somewhere in the impedance curve?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by miro - 20-Aug-2015, 00:55
RE: To DPM or not? That is the question. - by Confused - 16-Nov-2017, 19:13
To DPM or not? That is the question. - by no32 - 16-Nov-2017, 22:27