Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom/Dialog update 1.4.0.5
OK I got there, Mansun is currently playing and it sounds so bloody good. I literally rebooted the crap out of everything with a plug, I think I may have even rebooted my fridge in all the mayhem.

*sigh*
Butuz, when my Phantoms played dead I eventually did a 'factory rest' (pressed the little button at the back of the Phantom 3 times), then stared the set-up from scratch, including an update. Worked perfectly.
The problems for me have got worse since 1.4. I am constantly getting a weird phase shift in the left/right balance every 10-20 minutes or so. It's happening on all sound now, even streamed from PC. Dialog still swaps left and right channels outright. System still loses setting every time it is switched off. Fed up of seeing the welcome to spark screen.
(29-Sep-2015, 00:03)Butuz Wrote: The problems for me have got worse since 1.4.  I am constantly getting a weird phase shift in the left/right balance every 10-20 minutes or so.  It's happening on all sound now, even streamed from PC.  Dialog still swaps left and right channels outright. System still loses setting every time it is switched off.  Fed up of seeing the welcome to spark screen.

In those instances I found it most helpful to also reboot my home network equipment, especially the wifi access point/router. Hope this helps!
(29-Sep-2015, 00:03)Butuz Wrote: The problems for me have got worse since 1.4.  I am constantly getting a weird phase shift in the left/right balance every 10-20 minutes or so.  It's happening on all sound now, even streamed from PC.  Dialog still swaps left and right channels outright. System still loses setting every time it is switched off.  Fed up of seeing the welcome to spark screen.

Having just received my newest Phantom, and resumed playing in stereo for the first time since 1.4 update, I too have noticed this left/right channel swapping on the Dialog Optical. I give it a prize for being one of the most bizarre music playback bugs of modern times!
Also experienced the usual imperfect setup procedure that I can't seem to avoid.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.

Having just received my newest Phantom, and resumed playing in stereo for the first time since 1.4 update, I too have noticed this left/right channel swapping on the Dialog Optical. I give it a prize for being one of the most bizarre music playback bugs of modern times!
Also experienced the usual imperfect setup procedure that I can't seem to avoid.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(30-Sep-2015, 16:59)JohnnySix Wrote:

I'm having the same problem. With every update, I get new problems. I don't get it.
Furthermore, the sound via optical input on the dialog gets messed up after several hours of listening without stopping (at regular volume of 35). Maybe the dialog gets too hot after a while and has influrnce on the sound quality?
(01-Oct-2015, 02:07)Bogardo Wrote: With every update, I get new problems. I don't get it.

It's just French. You won't understand...
So you don't have to "get it'. You just have to get used to it... Big Grin
It's the Peugeot Phantom!
Apparently the update has been put on "hold" due to technical issues.

Heard this from Devialet today after asking them why I did not get any firmware update prompts (I was away for almost two weeks and thus not able to update when the new firmware got released).