Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 400 owner... setup question
I found out there is (or in the meantime perhaps its fixed?) also another reason to plug in the second mini-rca (3.5mm headphone-cable): that connected makes the slave cool after switching off both units. Without this cable connected the slave was still warm all the time but the master was cold. Maybe it has to do the slave was checking for input signals from the master and therefore needed power for this function. But this was back to FW7.1.1 or 7.1.3. Atm i cannot test this bec. waiting for proper power (having voltage-fluctuations till 246V...made me sent back two 200-units caused burned things in switching power board. So now im waiting for a power regenerator before using them again.
But does anybody encountered this too with the disappeared heat on slave when mini-jack is connected with the master? (regardlesss if slave-inputs are set)
Lets assume that is really beeing used for the slave-inputs...makes me think that inputs from the slave are transported to the master with this cable. Shouldn't be it then a silver-cable or something better than a cheap mini-jack from the supermarket? Or maybe its bec. the mini-jacks are like trigger-connectors as well and therefore are able to ckeck signal-input with much less voltage. Any experience around with this?
All is powered by 1x PS Audio P10 on Audioquest NRG-4's. All speakercables are Anticables Level3.
Stereo-Setup:  Roon->Auralic Aries->AQ USB Coffee->Devialet 400->Magico S3
Movie/5.0-Setup: Denon DBT-3313UD->AQ HDMI Diamond->Datasat RS20i->1xDB25>4xXLR Vovox textura IC digital 110Ω AES/EBU custom multipair->D400(Fronts L/R Magico S3), D200(center mono Piega Premium Large), D200(rears L/R Magico S1). The fourth XLR is not used yet (channel 7+8).

Messages In This Thread
New 400 owner... setup question - by tarmac - 25-Sep-2015, 16:49
RE: New 400 owner... setup question - by Dino - 22-Feb-2016, 20:00