Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? .... (sound quality)
(03-Oct-2015, 20:35)Dvlt PhD Wrote: I'm going to derail this thread for a moment...I apologize.

IanG-UK,

Your sig mentions Shunyata power units.... are they filtered? and do you have the Phantoms + Dialog plugged into it?

Thanks.

The Expert 800 and supporting kit (MacBook Pro, Antipodes, DrayTek, etc) are powered via the Shunyata Typhon/Triton. The Phantoms and Dialog are powered straight off the mains plugs - I've not tried via the Shunyata primarily because of the power line facility used by that Phantom/Dialog system.

My Shunyata Typhon and Triton are Mk 1 so they do not have the surge protection and over-current protection embodied in the later Mk 2 design.

Full details of the Shunyata are on the website which may address your filtering question - it is a passive device and does not seek to regenerate the mains supply. So I suspect the answer to your filtering query is no. Hope that helps. If you are thinking about one then get in touch with Caelin Gabriel who owns/runs Shunyata and is extremely helpful and generally very fast with responses. He owns or has owned Devialet kit.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by Phs - 03-Oct-2015, 11:44
RE: Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by IanG-UK - 03-Oct-2015, 21:19