Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? .... (sound quality)
As said earlier my listening experience of a single Phantom since february is very similar to yours. I find that complex orchestral music is a bit messy.
Am I right assuming you are listening to a single Phantom too ?
I am asking because after digging a bit I found this article that states this :
"Well aware of the difficulty of reproducing the conventional stereo left /right signal in this (single Phantom) configuration, engineers at Devialet have therefore developed a stereo signal remix technology to "reorganize" it in order to provide a coherent image, and expanded space"
Reading that I am under the impression that single Phantom owners are somehow listening to a "different" speaker than stereo Phantoms owners, and that could well be why we have so different listening impressions...
Luckily my second Phantom will arrive on tuesday, so I will be able to report very soon about this possible difference ! Smile

(03-Oct-2015, 22:29)ChalleB Wrote: Glad to hear that people have another opinion.
But playing large orchestral music on a single phantom still feels very "limited" in my opinion (I wish it didnĀ“t)
The quality of the sources are fine and I have also tried the speaker in several positions in several rooms.

I will be keeping my Phantom for all the other music I listen too, which sound really impressive, buts its going to be headphones for Mahler!

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by Phs - 03-Oct-2015, 11:44
RE: Is it just me? .... (sound quality) - by Phs - 04-Oct-2015, 10:27