Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the WiFi network between Phantoms and Dialogue reliable?
Thanks for the replies.
I do have a question which is probably rather dumb, but im not familiar at all with PLC...

The question is: Devialet says that its devices are PLC comptabile etc., but as far as i understand PLC is achieved by connecting one adaptor to your router, plugging this adaptor into electrical, then taking out ethernet cables from other adaptors plugged to the electrical system somewhere else. Meaning that anything that can accept an ethernet cable is "plc compatible".

Now, the question is, do the Phantom and Dialogue in some way transmit the data through their power chords? Meaning that they don't need any adaptor?
Or else, its not clear at all to me how would everything be connected, as i understand that the Dialogue has to be ethernet connected to the router, so i dont get how it can "transmit" and sync data through the powerline (unless the router has then one ethernet connection to a plugged plc adaptor).
Looked through the support pages but no help, they just show "plc connection" but do not explain how this is achieved.

Thanks,

Vanni

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the WiFi network between Phantoms and Dialogue reliable? - by Vannibombonato - 06-Oct-2015, 16:09