Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM effects
(21-Nov-2016, 20:00)4tLotM Wrote:
(21-Nov-2016, 18:01)Antoine Wrote: If the exact temperature increase is normal or not depends on whether you provide sufficient ventilation (65 degrees is quite high) but that the temperatures increase with higher SAM usage is to be expected.

The SAM percentage controls the amount of bass extension and the amp has to provide much more power for that extra extension.

I would think though that your D amp would rise about as much in temperature as it provides most of the current.

My actual temps. at -25 db. I didn't thaught that the A-Amp makes the work.

Holy moly! This kind of proves the more efficient cooling in at least the 250/1000Pro but that A amp is seriously hot compared to the D amp and supply. While the Devialet has many protections built in, including over temperature I'd contact Devialet and send them this picture anyway just to verify that this is right.

AFAIK nobody has ever reported/mentioned these big differences on the forum but perhaps it is perfectly OK. The Pro series are of course very new so things could change compared to the older series.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
That does not look right to me and not consistent with the explanation that Devialet gave that on the new ADH the ratio of A vs D is much lower than on the previous models. Therefore having a A amplifier much hotter than the Ds look very suspicious to me and would be worth reporting to Devialet for an explanation.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I recall the audition I had for the 1000 Pro. It was a very hot day, extremely hot in the demo room, we did use SAM. I think we got the class A temp to 57 deg, but the D and supply temps were more or less 50 deg. Nothing like the delta reported here. My own Pro is usually in the high 30's or 40's with some serious SAM enabled playing.

To be clear, my view is that if you are getting 69 deg, then the unit is faulty. Devialet have advised in the past that up to 65 deg is OK, you are way over that. What's the temperature in your listening room?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Nov-2016, 21:19)Confused Wrote: I recall the audition I had for the 1000 Pro.  It was a very hot day, extremely hot in the demo room, we did use SAM.  I think we got the class A temp to 57 deg, but the D and supply temps were more or less 50 deg.  Nothing like the delta reported here.  My own Pro is usually in the high 30's or 40's with some serious SAM enabled playing.  

To be clear, my view is that if you are getting 69 deg, then the unit is faulty.  Devialet have advised in the past that up to 65 deg is OK, you are way over that.  What's the temperature in your listening room?

Room Temp 20,2 deg, in the last hour i'm getting to -10 vol. and ended by 73 deg. I think my unit is not working ok.
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
(21-Nov-2016, 23:10)4tLotM Wrote:
(21-Nov-2016, 21:19)Confused Wrote: I recall the audition I had for the 1000 Pro.  It was a very hot day, extremely hot in the demo room, we did use SAM.  I think we got the class A temp to 57 deg, but the D and supply temps were more or less 50 deg.  Nothing like the delta reported here.  My own Pro is usually in the high 30's or 40's with some serious SAM enabled playing.  

To be clear, my view is that if you are getting 69 deg, then the unit is faulty.  Devialet have advised in the past that up to 65 deg is OK, you are way over that.  What's the temperature in your listening room?

Room Temp 20,2 deg, in the last hour i'm getting to -10 vol. and ended by 73 deg. I think my unit is not working ok.
I switched sam off and the temp goes down to 48 deg (A Temp). So sam will be no longer in my set up. Mabe one last track: Talking Heads  - Burning down the house.
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
Referring this thread back to post #53. Has anyone else tried the SAM 'gui' test? I have to say I found it fascinating, well worth trying!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Give it some time 4tLotM. When I got my new Devialet it showed the same rediculous temperatures. It was too hot to touch sometimes, but after some time it changed. Temperatures dropped to normal range and sound quality improved a lot. Think it took a week or two continuous playing internet radio.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(22-Nov-2016, 23:13)kerkhoffd Wrote: Give it some time 4tLotM. When I got my new Devialet it showed the same rediculous temperatures. It was too hot to touch sometimes, but after some time it changed. Temperatures dropped to normal range and sound quality improved a lot. Think it took a week or two continuous playing internet radio.

The 250 pro plays now for 200 hrs. Especially Classical and some Jazz takes the 250 pro above 70 degrees. Only with dpm off and sam off the temp. get's around 48 deg. But with dpm on the SQ falls off.

Germany.
Moved to To SAM or not to SAM and DRC #5.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
YabaVR has opened a thread for these tests here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3714
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands