Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible?
(15-Oct-2015, 10:51)hydr Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to run two White Phantoms without Dialog, and still configure quality Stereo?

If possible, I would like to just run optical straight from Mac Mini to Phantom. Not sure if I can do this with one TOS link or if it requires two?

Also, I am unable to test hear the Silver Phantoms, it only seem they demo white ones around here. My room will be 50m2, and I am reading a lot on these forums about Silver having better dynamics and more than just extra dbs. 

What do you guys recommend? My choices are: 1.) Go with two white Phantoms 2.) Go with two silver Phantoms 3.) Go with 2 Phantoms and dialog.

Very excited to soon be a Phantom owner :-)

I have not heard them but people at Devialet say the difference between silver and white is maximum loudness capability noy sound quality, and I would believe them over forum scuttlebut myself.
If you want stereo from 2 Phantoms you need a dialog, the combined signal is sent to the dialog from wherever it is connected, the dialog does the stereo split and sends the appropriate signal to the Phantoms according to their definition during setup in Spark.
In fact I would imagine that if you want to run 2 mono Phantoms in different rooms on the same network dialog is still needed since the non-dialog setup has no provison to deal with more than one Phantom.
I believe the Devialet web site specifies a dialog is needed for more than one Phantom (up to 24).
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible? - by f1eng - 15-Oct-2015, 11:52