Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible?
From a technical standpoint I´m struggling to see what exactly the Dialog does, it appears to me it´s just a wifi router/media center, and that everything it does could easily been handled by a computer if Devialet allowed it.

Maybe the reason there is a Dialog is for Devialet is buffering/range/cpu/memory resources, like a hardware priority QoS solution for guaranteeing resources and range. That way they limits all the possible things that can go wrong with a inferior PC or Wifi router as these music files are quite large and require great bandwidth and processing power to go through.

Thanks to all these posts, it´s obvious I need to go with Dialog + 2 Phantoms.

I tried downloading Spark but without Phantom I can´t initiate it properly. So I guess my best bet for SQ,ease of use is just to connect ToS from my Mac to Dialog, which would allow me to play through iTunes or any other way I want. And for those special occasions when the kids are out of the house, open Spark to play 24/96 for extra enjoyment?

Thanks again for all these great answers! If everything goes as planned I´ll very soon be a happy owner of a Phantom setup. :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible? - by hydr - 16-Oct-2015, 09:52