Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible?
(16-Oct-2015, 12:01)EvPa Wrote: Well, it definitely works with the Phantoms connected with Ethernet cables; I tried it once without Ethernet and the second Phantom (the one not connected to the source) stopped playing after a while.

By the way, this discovery happened after the Dialog was accidentally unplugged from the mains.

Thanks. Good to know. I will try Phantoms soon so I am collecting as much knowledge as possible. Ideally I'd like to avoid Dialog, but that seems impossible at the moment. The problem is how to split L and R. Using two Phantoms as 'Solo' (i.e. mono as L+R is summed) would require splitting SPDIF L & R at the source and running separate optical cables to each Phantom. Splitting SPDIF left and right cannels like this is NOT straight forward...
If Spark/Dialog can define L and R Phantoms and it stays that way with Spark/Dialog disconnecterd I am getting closer.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible? - by ogs - 16-Oct-2015, 13:37