Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable advice for Devialet 120 + PMC Twenty.23...
(08-Aug-2014, 11:54)thumb5 Wrote:
(08-Aug-2014, 09:04)Kunter Wrote: I would suggest Townshend Isolda. Should be easy to try if you are in the UK.

Kunter, does that mean you think these cables impart a little warmth? I'm interested because Isolda is what I'm currently using. I haven't done any comparative listening since I chose them some time ago, for use with my previous amplifier. Having said that, they are very easy cables to live with in many respects.

Thanks,

Ian
Yes Ian, I mean that. A pair of Isolda's are currently connected in my system right now as well, while waiting for the long term Echole to arrive... I think they are good detail with a touch of warmth... And good base... But I guess depends on speakers as well...

On the warmest side of things, you start losing grip on detail, and I dont like that.

From memory, I also liked the combination of these factors on Kubala Sosna cables once I tried them in my system, but you start to go very high in price compared to Isolda's as I am talking about the Emotion range...

Overall, I think for the price, Isolda's are hard to beat.

Cheers.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker cable advice for Devialet 120 + PMC Twenty.23... - by Kunter - 08-Aug-2014, 15:54