Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air
(16-Oct-2015, 22:02)MusicLover Wrote:
(16-Oct-2015, 08:57)KraaijCheck Wrote: Hi all, was searching for a topic with different streamer options that level or top Air but couldn't find it. Curious witch streamer you guys think top Air for a reasonable price. Think this will be interesting for a lot of people because there is a lot of frustration over Air. Would be cool if everyone who has experience with external streamers could make an short list (top 3) on terms of price/quality. Hope we can get some input!

Hi!

As we share the same speakers and amplifier, I can only recommend you to give the X100 a try. If you are after a very detailed yet relaxed, airy, and meaty sound I think you will love it.
I can't talk for other USB cables (some insultingly expensive of you ask me) but I think it matches very well with the one from Totaldac (very black background/low noise floor).
I haven't tried other options, but of course, as always, if you can home demo, all the better.

What I have really noticed since I have the Aurender is that now I enjoy so much more well mastered standard CD resolution albums than with my previous computer setup, and to be honest I don't really miss Hi-res if not available... BTW, compared to Air, on my setup, the sound is significantly more holographic and physically present with the server.

Enjoy the search and keep us posted!

ML

Thanks! Can you tell me what your previous setup was? I now play with Roon from my iMac witch is connected to the Devialet with the Audioquest Coffee cable.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best streamer(s) alternatives for Devialet Air - by KraaijCheck - 17-Oct-2015, 06:13