Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(19-Oct-2015, 07:34)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The internal ADC/DAC in the Devialet is remarkably transparent as a pure amplifier though.
I have it in my head, without much understanding of these things, that this could well be down to algorithms for both the AD and DA processing being more or less the same, but used in reverse in AD compared to DA? Whatever, the evidence seems to be that if you plug a superior DAC into the Devialet via analogue input, you will hear the superiority of that DAC over the Devialet's one.

I started with Devialet by using my Klimax DS (KDS/1 I think - or was it /2 by then, can't remember). I have to admit I've been one of the few who wasn't massively enamoured with the KDS/1, even before owning my Devialet. I've owned a first-gen Akurate DS and also a Renew DS (based on the original KDS/0). The Akurate DS from the second-gen onwards which I'm guessing Stigmater has (?) was vastly superior to the first-gen Akurate DS which I had. The Renew DS based on the KDs/0 was wonderful and I personally preferred it to the KDS/1 (this is almost heresy). What I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that the second-gen Akurate DS onwards is a great DAC/streamer and should sound terrific into a Devialet via analogue inputs.

I own Akurate DS/1 which is until recently was the updated one and better then DS according to forums that i checked, as i understood there is DS/2 now.
Its a little off topic but please share why you didn't liked Klimax that cost 3-4 times more then Akurate and sort of my dream now after i heard what Akurate can do.

Back to topic but with a little twist Smile
I am very curious if we Deviate owners are in the right direction ,
Some people say Devialet sound digital, some say that tube amps a lot better , other say Devialet is just a lifestyle product that only looks good.
What i mean is, i don't have much experience with a lot of other brands of conventional Pre Power combinations
I started to feel that i need to check for my self if and what are the difference between Devialet and other Hi End brands of amplifiers, maybe i missing something and maybe for example PASS amps a lot better.
I cant take all Brands that i want home and examine them so i started where i could , I shared my latest experience with Luxman 700u amp that i was a little disappointed of, the sound that came out of my speakers was too bright and fatigue for my taste , the only upside was the better control of bass which is very important and it was better then Devialet's, but after i reconnect back Devialet i felt a relief , sound was much more enjoyable despite the Bass .

By the way i really started to enjoy my setup only after upgrade from D200 to D250 and added external DAC.

I really would like to hear your experience with Hi End brands that you compared to Devilaet and your insights about it.

PS. Please advice if i should add another D250 (D800) how better my setup will become, the only thing my setup is missing now is better Bass control.
I don't know yet if i can afford another D250 but please advice anyway.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by Stigmater - 19-Oct-2015, 08:54