Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(05-Nov-2015, 17:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: A couple of questions Stigmater - 

1) Have you checked in the configurator that your amps are outputting 800W per channel? Might seem like a silly question but I actually made that mistake myself, for some reason the system had defaulted to 240W (at the time I had the 500). I also had my amps running in mono mode at one point... but that's a different story!  Blush Anyway the point is it's a good idea to double check all your settings in the Configurator.

2) How are you feeding the master - via the Linn Akurate? If so is this a digital out or a RCA connection (i.e. analogue). If digital make sure you choose digital output mode 88/96kHz - you can do this through Linn's Konfig programme. 

Also you mention that your speakers are hard to drive but according to the specs I found they seem pretty sensitive (90dB) and drop to 3 ohms minimum, so that shouldn't present too tough a load. Having said that I would expect a considerable improvement in SQ going from 250 to 800.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume

1) Even though I was sure regarding the 800W I double checked it and of course it's 800W

2) Regarding the connection, right now I have enabled digital and analog out in Linn and I'm checking which one is better, here a little more on it from Linn Akurate thread http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=815&page=8

Can you please explain some more regarding digital output mode 88/96kHz , i had it set as RAW so it will match files bit perfect.

3) B&W 802 known as speaker that hungry for power, at first when I had D200 they were bright and really unpleasant to listen , diamond tweeter was very harsh aspecially when high frequency more audible to my relatively young ears ,
D250 changed all that and Linn added some more magic.

When I switched to D800 I expected to elevate good to best and I don't understand why I'm still standing in good + 15%
I'm still have 2-3 days to test my system and I really want to come to wise decision.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by Stigmater - 05-Nov-2015, 20:55