Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
[quote pid='28232' dateline='1446733331']

I Can share some more interesting insights from my side,
and i hope JeanF will let me use his thread for further comparison D200 - D250 and now D800 (and maybe even will change the header) Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

@ Stigmater  ...no problem at all Big Grin

Your post activates me to ad some news about my current set up. My Pass Labs amp and Bryston BDA-1 dac are sold recently and a new Devialet 200 is already playing non-stop from yesterday night after I picked it up from my dealer.
Had a demo D200 in house for a couple of days and the difference in SQ between the demo D200 and the brand new D200 is huge i.m.o., so the new unit has to make as much as possible hours now to give its maximum SQ.

Tomorrow I'm gonna make some comparisons between my Moon 180 MiND renderer with Teddy Pardo power supply (linked to the Devialet by Apogee AES/EBU) and JRiver on laptop to ''Air'' on the Devialet so I am curious if it works well and of course how it will sound.

In the meanwhile I tried also three different power cables to the D200 with remarkable differences; Furutech FP-3TS20 with IeGO 8055 connectors, Acoustic Revive PowerMax with Furutech connectors, and the orange Lapp FD 781 CP with IeGO 8055 connectors.
So far my impressions of the Lapp FD 781 CP cable are the best. This cable is the cheapest, but it delivers a real good and colorfull timbre, good and well defined bass, and keeps the Devialet speed and sound signature.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by JeanF - 06-Nov-2015, 22:05