Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(06-Nov-2015, 22:19)Stigmater Wrote: May be my slight negative impression of adding another D250 coming from fact that I've got new demo unit that didn't do proper break in, just a thought.

By the way I'm more and more enjoy the solution that Guillaume proposed regarding using my Linn Akurate as transport through digital out and set output mode to 88/96KHz, that's made me look at Devialet DAC in a new light and made me realize how a good transport is important for optimum SQ.
I remember that I saw here that someone mentioned that D800 DAC do  upsample , is it right ? Does it positively affect SQ compared to D250 ?

Yes, eagle eyed Rufus did a while back, as follows:

From an older version of the Devialet website that's appearing in the Google cache - this is on the D400 'all signals are over-sampled to 384khz via a unique set-up that uses the potential of the DAC "Magic Wire" to its utmost on each unit.'. I'm pretty sure this over-sampling is the same for all Devialet models.

Myself, I spoke to one of the Devialet engineers a while back.  He explained that when used in dual mono, the sound quality is improved with distortions levels being halved, plus the obvious benefits of gained by additional speaker control thanks to more power.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by Confused - 06-Nov-2015, 22:58