Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(08-Nov-2015, 09:14)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 21:32)JeanF Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 18:47)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are youre setting in Roon for Air?

I'm playing in ''Exclusive Mode'' without any problems, even with some high res. music files I haven't noticed hick ups or drop outs yet.
further:
Max Sample Rate PCM > Disabled
Resync Delay              > 0 ms
DSD Playback Strategy > Convert to PCM

The selected music folder in Roon is the musicfolder of my Synology NAS with Minimserver on it. 

I have to say that my network is very stable and the wifi signal from my Netgear R7000 Nighthawk is very powerful.
Have spent a lot of time (and good materials)  to get my network perfect. All networkcables are Belden 1885 cat.7 with Telegartner connectors, exept the 5 m. length Jenkins cat.7 from the Devialet to the Netgear Nighthawk router.

Tried it again this morning but it looks like the devialet air app on my mac crashed when i want to play in exclusive mode with Roon. When i turn exclusive mode off it works perfect, but then it isn't bitperfect.
I also discussed my good experiences about Roon with Michel (Audiofile/Devialet Store) and we're thinking that it has to do with a Mac related problem... (like other people here are suggesting)
Have a couple of minutes ago tried some high res. albums (Norah Jones, Katie Melua, etc.) but haven't noticed any problem at all so it seems that Windows is doing the job on a very well way.
Exclusive Mode is switched on constantly, by the way.

I also tried my Teddy Pardo 12 volt regulated power supply on my router (use it also as a switch) and that was giving remarkable positive results so the upgrade path keeps existing Cool
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by JeanF - 08-Nov-2015, 15:55