Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(04-Dec-2015, 12:58)Confused Wrote: I think Guillaume's comment that "this is largely speaker dependent" is absolutely right.  The 200 with some speakers sounds absolutely terrific, 100% of how a Devialet powered system should sound.  I too auditioned what was then the 170/240, but with the KEF Blade.  The 240 sounded excellent, the 170 did not.  The difference was significant.  Going dual mono was another step up, but with the Blades it was the step from the 170 to the 240 that was bay far the most significant.  So I think it depends on speaker compatibility.  If the 200 is happy driving your particular speakers, then the jump to the 250 may indeed be less than going dual mono.  You can't really consider the amp in isolation.

Guillaume and Confused, you are perfectly correct. My research had me for some reason, thinking, the electronics, PSU, etc; were different but irrespective, as stated, I have a brand new D250 waiting for me when I arrive tonight. Going to get a nice glass of Scotch poured, hook up the beast and sit back and enjoy my decision.

There is no doubt, the controller and chassis exhume a bit higher status and as I have a pair of Harbeth 40.1's, (borrowed for another week), to drive, (86db), might be able to personally see if the extra 50 Watts help out.

And, I am on my way to an 800 if I ever want to go that route!

Cheers and thanks

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by boba2013 - 04-Dec-2015, 17:17