Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(04-Dec-2015, 07:59)Borgen Wrote: Maybe you should read through the threads of Manoet (see Tweaker's Corner) on rebuilding of the 200 for better temperature control, PEMs and other, and the impact of this on sound quality (subjective, but still). This may give you an idea about the "spectrum of improvements possible" related to chassis, cooling and other.

Thanks Borgen for the suggestion. Wow, I do see some nice "Mods" including the IED which is very tempting! I shudder to think of touching my new unit, Manoet and others who have made these mods', hats off to you. 

I think I will wait a while before even getting close to the amp's insides, work on room conditioning and things like that first. I currently use a Mac Mini loaded with my music, (upgraded with fast 1TB SSD), feeding via Internet to a LINN Majik for streaming services, COAX to D200 and directly connected via USB to the Devialet for Movie playing while search is on for replacement to LINN's Kazoo, (testing all the software I can. Like Roon but it does not do Internet site streaming like Radio Paradise so holding back on it). 

I've have ordered the suite of products from Uptone Audio, (LPS, DC/Fan conversion kit and the REGEN) which is shipping December 10th so will be able to A/B Internet vs USB direct  once I pin down appropriate S/W. 

cheers

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250 - by boba2013 - 05-Dec-2015, 01:28