Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't expect customer service from Devialet
I also got mine earlyish. March 20th iirc.
I hot hiccups and other connection problems initially as well as frequent, but not always, loss of configuration when I unplugged the system.
Once the firmware was updated the hiccups turned out to be largely due to having filtered mains outlets which prevented the connection by mains borne ethernet, the principle means of communication between Dialog and Phantom in my installation. Plugging into normal outlets fixed this completely.
The frequent need to re-configure has been gone for ages now, I connect Phantoms first then Dialog then wait. If I launch Spark before they have all finished initialising and connecting to each other I sometimes have one Phantom only. If I am patient it is fine.
The Dialog runs hot and the optical connector on it does not have a click latch so the cable falls out if touched.
I have never has any hissing, in fact the Devialet, both amp and Phantoms, are the quietest hifi I have ever used.
I don't watch TV or video much but I have the Dialog connected to the tv tuner of my projector and have acceptable lip sync that way. I still use my main system for films so haven't tried Phantoms and bluray.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't expect customer service from Devialet - by f1eng - 22-Oct-2015, 14:30