Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy speaker cable/binding post question
(10-Aug-2014, 00:12)Mikeeo Wrote:
(09-Aug-2014, 23:48)ErikM Wrote: Looks like I'm going to have to get them re-terminated with bananas..this is a PITA since I use a REL sub which uses bananas also.. Guess I can use bare wire for the sub.. kind of a crappy setup..

Or maybe I can use banana adaptors..humm..

(09-Aug-2014, 22:29)darthsteph Wrote: Agree with Guillaume... Spades are not a good idea with Devialet. Before I had some MIT Spectral cables which I liked but sold them as they had spades... Not very convenient...

Erik,

I think that someone on this forum had a solution to fit spades in a good way however I do not remember who, please browse forum. I do remember that it involves almost unscrewing the plastic tightening nut.

/Mike

That would be me Smile

You can, with a little force, free the plastic housing, turn them 180 degrees and reinstall, so the large spade opening looks towards top. Then you can fit all spade connectors, but without the back cover since the cables protrude from top.

However, banana is the best solution for Devialet...

A note: DO NOT USE SPADE TO BANANA ADAPTERS as even the best ones steal from the music too much... My current setup has Absolare Bullets (go to www.absolare.com) on the amp side with very good results which can act as adapters, but this is not an adapter (and not cheap) so, although sounding glorious, it would not be wise to suggest them as a solution to your problem...

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: New guy speaker cable/binding post question - by Kunter - 10-Aug-2014, 10:39