Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth unstable
There are so many variables that affect wireless data transmission, including proximity and ambient noise competing in similar frequency ranges.  If you are in an urban environment or you have your own other devices in the area, it's like a  bunch of people yelling in a room. If you can't get rid of the other yellers, the only solution is to yell louder or get closer to the person you're yelling to.  Bluetooth has gotten better with each generation but it still have some basic design limitations.

The best solution is proximity. But with the Phantoms as well as with other bluetooth speakers, in my experience, it is very tough to achieve no drop outs ever. Yes, you can get very good performance, but everyone once in a while, I still get drop outs. The degree of stability I've been able to achieve with wifi seems to be significantly better, getting closer to a wired  network, than what I've been able to achieve with bluetooth. It also depends on the bluetooth implementation on the receive side and that is not well documented on the Phantoms from what I've been able to find. But I know that my bluetooth experience with the Phantoms is not quite as good as what I've been able to get with other late-model Bluetooth speakers (eg JBL Xtremes).

Sorry I don't have a perfect solution to offer -- but proximity has worked for me, even if it does eat into convenience.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth unstable - by Adams - 30-Oct-2015, 12:53
Bluetooth unstable - by sleach - 30-Oct-2015, 13:07
RE: Bluetooth unstable - by andreas - 30-Oct-2015, 14:56
RE: Bluetooth unstable - by patekswiss - 30-Oct-2015, 17:40
RE: Bluetooth unstable - by MountainGuy - 31-Oct-2015, 03:54