Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally my patience has run out
(06-Nov-2015, 19:15)msg Wrote: Eibet, not knowing much about the electronics, I wonder whether the power strip you are using is causing or contributing to the problem. Others have said that the surge protection and/or filtering in the power strip might interfere with the PLC. Given my lack of knowledge of electronics, this is just a wild guess.

I've got two Phantoms and a Dialog with an Airport Express connected to the optical input of the Dialog. Initially I had the Dialog and Airport Express in the same room as my wireless router with the phantoms in the adjacent room. This set-up was unreliable. I then moved the Dialog and the Airport Express into the same room as and near to the Phantoms. I plugged the power cables of the Dialog and Phantoms into the same extension cord (not a power strip). My system is now configured as follows (with the items in each set of brackets in the same room):

[cable modem <--ethernet--> powerline adapter] <--house circuitry--> [powerline adapter <--ethernet--> Dialog <--optical--Airport Express]

I've had no problems since, and I'm now running the latest firmware and Spark software. Hope that helps.
Thank you for replies and suggestion. Came home today and I think Devialet heard my cries. Everything seems to be in somewhat working order. Spark works, no dropouts, phantom was still online. Incroyable.

Messages In This Thread
Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 14:56
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 15:46
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by f1eng - 06-Nov-2015, 17:30
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 06-Nov-2015, 19:15
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 20:05
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 11-Nov-2015, 18:02
Finally my patience has run out - by Adams - 06-Nov-2015, 23:18
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 10-Nov-2015, 17:50
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by hydr - 12-Nov-2015, 14:55