Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally my patience has run out
(06-Nov-2015, 20:05)eibet Wrote:
(06-Nov-2015, 19:15)msg Wrote: Eibet, not knowing much about the electronics, I wonder whether the power strip you are using is causing or contributing to the problem. Others have said that the surge protection and/or filtering in the power strip might interfere with the PLC. Given my lack of knowledge of electronics, this is just a wild guess.

I've got two Phantoms and a Dialog with an Airport Express connected to the optical input of the Dialog. Initially I had the Dialog and Airport Express in the same room as my wireless router with the phantoms in the adjacent room. This set-up was unreliable. I then moved the Dialog and the Airport Express into the same room as and near to the Phantoms. I plugged the power cables of the Dialog and Phantoms into the same extension cord (not a power strip). My system is now configured as follows (with the items in each set of brackets in the same room):

[cable modem <--ethernet--> powerline adapter] <--house circuitry--> [powerline adapter <--ethernet--> Dialog <--optical--Airport Express]

I've had no problems since, and I'm now running the latest firmware and Spark software. Hope that helps.
Thank you for replies and suggestion. Came home today and I think Devialet heard my cries. Everything seems to be in somewhat working order. Spark works, no dropouts, phantom was still online. Incroyable.
Whoops! Not that it likely matters anymore, but I see I left out my router in the description of my setup (in case anyone wants to try and duplicate it):

[cable modem <--ethernet--> wireless router <--ethernet --> powerline adapter] <--house circuitry--> [powerline adapter <--ethernet--> Dialog <--optical--Airport Express]

Messages In This Thread
Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 14:56
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 15:46
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by f1eng - 06-Nov-2015, 17:30
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 06-Nov-2015, 19:15
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 06-Nov-2015, 20:05
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by msg - 11-Nov-2015, 18:02
Finally my patience has run out - by Adams - 06-Nov-2015, 23:18
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by eibet - 10-Nov-2015, 17:50
RE: Finally my patience has run out - by hydr - 12-Nov-2015, 14:55